14 Days of Popcorn: Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Popcorn Hearts
Are you ready for Valentine’s Day? I can’t believe it is this weekend! Today’s popcorn recipe is a super easy one for a last minute Valentine’s Day treat, but still something special. If you love Rice Krispie Treats, you are going to love this popcorn version of Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Popcorn Hearts.
Using popcorn instead of Rice Krispies in these hearts is so fun! They were such a light treat that we couldn’t stop eating them.
To make these marshmallow popcorn treats perfect for Valentine’s Day, I shaped them into hearts. I have tried to cut Rice Krispie treats with cookie cutters before and learned it doesn’t work. The marshmallow is too sticky and the cereal just crumbles.
So I tried something new to make my marshmallow popcorn treats into hearts, after you mix the melted marshmallow into the popcorn, press it into greased cookie cutters to shape. It is important to grease the cookie cutters and your hands well so you don’t get all gooey.
But after you press one heart you can remove the cookie cutter and do the next one. Easy peasy and my hearts look perfect.
After letting the hearts cool, I dipped the hearts in melted chocolate or drizzled them with melted chocolate then added a bit of sprinkles for Valentine’s Day. Now we are ready to enjoy our new popcorn treats or give them to our Valentine.
They are perfect. My kids (and me) can’t get enough!
And for more popcorn snacks, don’t forget to check out the other recipes in the 14 Days of Popcorn series.
14 Days of Popcorn
- Day 1: Chewy Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn
- Day 2: Chocolate Kettle Corn
- Day 3: Churro Caramel Popcorn
- Day 4: Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Caramel Popcorn
- Day 5: Chipotle Lime Popcorn
- Day 6: Trail Mix Caramel Popcorn Bars
- Day 7: Dark Chocolate Caramel Popcorn
- Day 8: Lemon Rosemary Popcorn
- Day 9: Brown Butter & Honey Popcorn
- Day 10: Chai Spiced Caramel Popcorn with Free Printable Tea Cups
- Day 11: German Chocolate Cake Caramel Popcorn
Happy Valentine’s Day!