My husband LOVES alfredo sauce. When we first started dating, it was one of his favorite things to eat. When Olive Garden had their unlimited pasta bowl, he would go and fill up on the creamy alfredo pasta. He has since learned that not eating this sauce is better for his waistline. After we both worked hard to loose a combined 70 lbs, I try to cook now with lots of extra veggies. I sneak them into lasagnas and meatloaf, and my sloppy joes are filled with carrots, zucchini, and mushrooms. Yumm!
I’m kinda lucky that I don’t crave the creamy, high calorie sauce. I am a marinara sauce lover. I love the lightness the veggies give the dish. That is why I LOVE this fake alfredo sauce made from cauliflower. The sauce is still creamy, but light! Yeah for me and the hubby 🙂
And the best part of the Chicken Cauliflower Alfredo sauce is that it is really easy to make.
Just put all your cauliflower florets in a large pot and add 3-4 inches of water. Set on medium-high heat to boil, and cook until super soft.
While that is cooking, heat your olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes until very fragrant but be careful not to burn it. Remove the garlic from your skillet and place in a blender or a bowl if you want to use your immersion blender. My immersion blender came with a little container that worked perfectly.
Add chicken to the hot skillet and cook through. Then place cooked chicken aside.
Add chicken stock to the pan to scrape up all the browned bits of chickeny goodness. Then pour the chicken stock into the container with garlic.
Strain the cooked cauliflower and add to the container with garlic and broth. Then puree it all together. I let it go for a long time so it’s super smooth.
Put cauliflower sauce back in the skillet, add in the cooked chicken and the grated parmesan cheese. Stir and then let it simmer for a few minutes while you cook up your pasta. Season it with salt and pepper if you want to.
Then when your pasta is done, serve the delicious creamy chicken cauliflower alfredo sauce over the noodles! Yum!
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked pasta noodles
- Cut cauliflower into florets and place in medium sauce pan with 3-4 inches water. Cover and let boil till soft.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet. Add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes. Remove garlic to a blender (or container for an immersion blender).
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook (3-4 minutes). Place cooked chicken aside.
- Add chicken stock to the pan and scrape up all the browned bits. Then pour into container with garlic.
- Strain cooked cauliflower and add to container with garlic and broth.
- Puree the cauliflower, broth, garlic using your blender or immersion blender.
- Put cauliflower sauce back in the skillet, add in the cooked chicken and parmesan cheese, stir together. Let simmer for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked pasta noodles!
I’m linking up to some of my favorite Link Parties.