Decorate your home for the Day of the Dead with this sugar skull banner.
If you want to decorate for Day of the Dead, you can’t do it without a banner! The colorful paper banners are an iconic part of the holiday.
You can purchase Day of the Dead banners, but you know me…. I prefer to DIY it!
I used the sugar skull designs I made for the free digital wallpaper for October. The simple sugar skulls were perfect for the banners. And I gave them a traditional Day of the Dead paper banner look with some textures and fringe.
These sugar skull banners are super easy to cut out if you have an electronic cutter. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut them out of colored printer paper.
But do not worry, if you do not have an electronic cutter, you can always cut them out with a pair of scissors and knife. Just do it while bing watching your favorite show.
How to Hang Day of the Dead Paper Banners
There are 2 different ways you can hang the banners. Both are easy, choose what works best for you!
- Punch holes into the top of the banner and run the cord through them. The weight of the banner will hold it into place on the cord unless there is a lot of wind.
- Use clear tape to stick the cord to the back of the banner. This one is great for any time you will have wind.
Ways to Use Halloween Paper Banners
We used our Day of the Dead banner to decorate our front porch with a Day of the Dead theme. But you can use them in anyway you want! Here are some more ideas for you:
- Decorate your home (inside or out) for a Halloween party
- Drape the banner over your mantel
- Hang them over your table for a seasonal chandelier
- Decorate your door with banners instead of a wreath
- Add banners across a gallery wall for a Halloween twist
However you decide to use your Day of the Dead banners, you are going to love these ones.
Download the Sugar Skull Banner
I am sharing the cut files & PDF for these Day of the Dead banners in my subscriber library until 10/19/2019, then they will move to the shop. Click here to subscribe to my newsletter and gain access to all the freebies. If you already have your password, click here to download them.
*Can also use scissors and x-acto knife As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
*Can also use scissors and x-acto knife
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.