14 Days of Popcorn: Sharp Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
I’ve been trying to figure out a way to make a real cheese popcorn for this series. I always loved the cheese popcorn made with fake, powdered cheese as a kid. But luckily I prefer real cheese now. And if you want to make your own popcorn, where do you even buy powdered cheese? So I decided to try experimenting with a real cheese option. It took a while, and a few failed attempts, but I managed to make a delicious Sharp Cheddar Cheese Popcorn made with real cheese! I wanted to make a cheese sauce to pour over the popcorn. That didn’t work so well. If the cheese sauce was more like a fondue, with the cheese melted in a chicken or vegetable stock, it was too wet for the fluffy popcorn and the end result wasn’t good. So I tried to make a cheese sauce with butter, well, I ended up with delicious tasting butter with a clump of melted cheese in it. I could not get it to melt together into a sauce (but I might have eaten the cheese anyway). I thought about giving up! I figured I could do a parmesan cheese popcorn, I could shred it finely into a powder and call it a day. But I really wanted to make a Sharp Cheddar Cheese Popcorn. So in my last ditch effort before throwing in the towel I tried something different. I made my popcorn into more of a popcorn nacho type of treat. And it worked! And it tastes amazing! I can’t stop eating it! So now I have the perfect recipe for a salty, cheesy popcorn treat. It’s not anything like the powdered cheese popcorn I ate as a child, it’s so much better. It’s grown up cheese popcorn!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Clicking these links will help support this blog so I can keep creating things to share with you, but you will never pay more by using an affiliate link. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Day 1: Chewy Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn
- Day 2: Chocolate Kettle Corn
- Day 3: Churro Caramel Popcorn
- Day 4: Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Caramel Popcorn
- Day 5: Chipotle Lime Popcorn
- Day 6: Trail Mix Caramel Popcorn Bars
- Day 7: Dark Chocolate Caramel Popcorn
- Day 8: Lemon Rosemary Popcorn
- Day 9: Brown Butter & Honey Popcorn
- Day 10: Chai Spiced Caramel Popcorn with Free Printable Tea Cups
- Day 11: German Chocolate Cake Caramel Popcorn
- Day 12: Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Popcorn Hearts
Happy Valentine’s Day! I’m linking up to some of my favorite Link Parties.